Thursday, January 18, 2007

There was a time, I used to be hot...


This is a Premier Padmini. This is the name under which Fiat cars were sold in India till the Indian market opened up and hundreds of new models came to India. The market share of Ambassador (Morris Oxford) and this car slipped very quickly and forced Premier Autoimobiles India to stop producing this car. Now their plant in Kurla, Mumbai is also shut down. There was a time when the buyers would wait for months after booking this car but now this car is waiting to be salvaged in the form of a Taxi or be scrapped

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice posting!
Thanks for popping by Stavanger DP :)

2:51 PM, January 18, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a fun shot but I particularly like the portraits that you do. 'All for a view' was also pretty spectacular !

4:59 PM, January 18, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very interesting perspective and I liked the information. I enjoyed looking at your posts and wil return.
Thanks for visiting my blog and please come back anytime.

11:30 PM, January 18, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cute car. I remember my dad had a Morris Oxford when I was a little girl - it's so nice to see old fashioned 'curvy' cars!

1:26 AM, January 19, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's nice to have choices, but it still seems kinda sad about this car.

I really like the low angle that you shot it from.

4:46 AM, January 19, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's amazing how past and present are combined.

12:55 PM, January 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home