Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Pumpkin Milk Shake


This fruit is called “Sitafal” in Bombay. In north it is called “Sharifa”. In north pumpkin is called Sitafal. Soon after moving to Bombay I say Sitafal milkshake on the menu of a restaurant. I just couldn’t understand why would anyone want to drink pumpkin flavored milk. I noticed that this was not limited to just one restaurant but is available in almost all eating joints selling milkshakes. When I couldn’t bear it anymore, I asked someone what exactly it is and then only I found out what it is.

6 Comments:

Blogger photowannabe said...

Is it part of the coconut family?

Its not fair to tease us like this....

7:53 AM, February 27, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you know about the male version, Ramfal :) I like eating both of them!

9:56 PM, February 28, 2007  
Blogger Mental Floss said...

#Ashish,
I have eaten Ramfal too and prefer it more than the sitafa because it has more pulp and les pips. The only problem is that it is available for a very
short period.

#photowannabe
This fruit is not in the coconut family. This has a soft shell and inside it has white coloured sweet pulp and it is full of pips.

2:00 PM, March 01, 2007  
Blogger Karlette said...

Have any of you had Sitaphal Kulfi & Sitaphal with cream its available at most of the Shiv Sagar's and haji Ali Juice Centre.

12:18 PM, March 14, 2008  
Blogger Nishant Vora said...

Hey thanks for your post. I just had this argument with 2 of my North Indian friends who kept saying Sitafal is pumpkin. But I live in Mumbai so I said no, it's custard apple. So I googled and hit upon your post. :)

1:51 PM, April 19, 2012  
Anonymous Birgitta said...

Interesting fruit! Have never heard of it. Cool shot!

6:03 PM, May 08, 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home